19.2.12

#blogoscars 2012: Screenplay


[Spoiler Alert]

#10 
Like Crazy by Drake Doremus and Ben York Jones

ANNA
I haven't read it out loud yet, so you'll be the first person. You sure you wanna hear?

JACOB
Mmhmm.

ANNA
I thought I understood it, that I could grasp it. But I didn't, not really. Only the smudgeness of it; the pink-slippered, all-containered, semi-precious eagerness of it. I didn't realize it would sometimes be more than whole, that the wholeness was a rather luxurious idea. Because it's the halves that halve you in half. I didn't know, don't know, about the in-between bits; the gory bits of you, and the gory bits of me. 

JACOB
I like the halves that halve you in half.

[Anna laughs]

#9
Take Shelter by Jeff Nichols

EXT. CONDO/BEACH - DAY

ON THE HORIZON IN FRONT OF HER, THE WATER HAS RECEDED INTO THE GULF SOME 100 YARDS. THE DARK SANDY BOTTOM LOOKS ODD STRETCHED OUT SO FAR. A STORM CELL SITS MASSED ON THE HORIZON. CHURNING BLACK CLOUDS FILLED WITH LAYERS OF HORIZONTAL LIGHTNING.

Behind Samantha, Curtis appears in the open sliding door clutching Hannah. The Storm Cell is reflected in the glass next to him.

CURTIS 
Sam.

Samantha looks down at her palm. She rubs the thick, viscous rain in her fingers. She looks back up at the storm.

SAMANTHA
Okay


#8
Beginners by Mike Mills

INT. OLIVER'S BEDROOM/INT. HAL'S BEDROOM - LATE NIGHT

HAL
I'm not sorry I woke you!
I went to Akbar tonight.
OLIVER
You did?

INT. AKBAR - NIGHT
Hal and his friends, BRIAN and ROBERT, make their way through a crowded gay club. Hal is by far the oldest, and most excited, man there.


#7 
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steven Zaillian (based on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson)

89. INT. BJURMAN'S OFFICE - NIGHT 
He takes her hand and places it on the crotch of his trousers.

BJURMAN
You feel that? That's gaberdine. Unzip them.
(she does)
And ...
(she tugs at his underwear)
And ...
(she doesn't move; he smiles)
I like the reticence. I prefer a whore who pretends she isn't. It's almost convincing.

He grabs her hair and roughly pulls her head toward him.


#6 
The Artist by Michel Hazanavicius

22.INT. KINOGRAPH STUDIOS - GEORGE'S DRESSING ROOM - DAY

He closes the door but doesn't go over to her, instead going over to the mirror. He looks at her, she at him... He motions to her to approach. She does. He stares at her face for a while before he speaks.

Title card: If you want to be an actress, you need to have something no one else has.

Ηe takes a make-up pencil and draws a beauty spot above her upper lip.


#5 
Hugo by John Logan (based on The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick)

Hugo takes Isabelle to the back of the giant train station clock where they watch the beauty of Paris at night

HUGO
Right after my father died, I would come up here a lot. I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason too.

Hugo takes Isabelle hand as they look at Paris from the back of the clock



#4 
The Descendants by Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash (based on The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings)

50. INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY.

MATT
Who is he?
ALEXANDRA
I don't know. Some guy.
MATT
What did he look like?
ALEXANDRA
Dark hair.

Matt stands up, walks in a little circle -- he literally does noτ know which way to turn. Then he knows.

MATT
Watch Scottie.


#3
A Separation by Asghar Fahradi

INT.CORRIDOR AND BATHROOM. DAY.

RAZIEH 
I won't leave till I get my money

Nader lunges towards her and grabs her by the shoulder to get her out.

RAZIEH
(screaming) Don't touch me!

Nader pushes her out and slams the door shut and locks it. Angry he walks towards the corridor. Termeh is standing in the corridor terrified and in disbelief.



#2
The Skin I Live In  by Pedro Almodovar (based on Tarantula by Thierry Johnquet)

SEQ.129 - FLASHBACK. EL CIGARRAL. VERA'S ROOM. INT. DAY.

Vicente looks at him with fear more than anything. He shies away from him.

ROBERT 
As you have seen, the operation was a success, but the tissues that form your vagina are still very tender. (From his expression, Vicente imagines a horrible possibility). Don't worry. It's easy to prevent that. You have to keep that new orifice open and manage to make it deeper. Think that your life depends on that orifice, that you breathe through it.



#1 
Weekend by Andrew Haigh

GLEN
Do you ever think about finding your parents? 
RUSSELL
No, not really.  
GLEN
Why not? 
RUSSELL
I don't really see the point. You know, I don't think it would change anything.  
GLEN
Why don't I pretend to be your dad and you can come out to me? 
RUSSELL
[laughs] That is SO weird.  
GLEN
Just ignore the fact we just had sex. 
RUSSELL
I don't think I can. Guess I'll try. Ok. 
[looks Glen in the eye
RUSSELL
Dad? I got something I need to tell you.  
GLEN
[pretending to be Russell's dad] What's that? 
RUSSELL
I'm gay.  
GLEN
[pretends to think] Hmm
RUSSELL
I like guys, not girls.  
GLEN
[breathes out slowly] Well. You know what, son. It doesn't matter to me. I love you just the same. And guess what? 
RUSSELL
What?  
GLEN
I couldn't be more proud of you than if you were the first man on the moon

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου